Friday, July 31, 2015

Seriously!

It's the end of a month, again. My mind has exploded. Time can't be moving this fast. But I guess it is. Once again, I'm still working on getting some type of balance in my schedule. I didn't really come close. The quilt service is getting better. Summer vacations will be over soon, kids will be back in school, and adults will be getting gifts ready for Christmas. Which means more work for me, which is great.

So, my wrap up for July.


  • 7 books read
  • finally finished the rough draft of my short story
  • 5 business quilts longarmed
  • 1 wall hanging quilt top done
  • 1 Sashiko piece done
  • 8 World of Wendy Lu blog posts
  • 11 Wendy B Quilts blog posts
  • 7 days of practicing Esperanto
  • 1 movie on Netflix
Not bad but I can do better. Something to look forward to. Getting better at not beating myself up over not finishing or beginning things. I'm good. I'm also ready for fall. So done with the heat and humidity.

I've started my list of things I need to get done, what I want to get done, and what I want to get started for next month. Tomorrow. Good grief. Oh well, time marches on. I might as well have some fun. Take care!

2 comments:

Laura C Frazier said...

How cool that you look back and take stock on all the things you've accomplished in the month. I'm afraid I'd get depressed doing that. List of things to do next month, another great idea. Keep blogging and have some fun, friend!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Laura! It was depressing if I didn't list what I had actually accomplished. I have the list of what I need and want to do, and then to actually be able to cross those off for the month, helps to let me see that I've actually been working and creating. I can now see that I need to step up on the creating Halloween things and more dolls. Thanks for stopping by.

Catching Up

Getting back on the creative wagon. Got some things done, new things designed, bills paid, caught up on emails, found a doll I'd been lo...