Monday, July 27, 2015

Yikes!

Uh oh! I've been slacking a bit. I have been busy though. The longarm business is picking up. I longarmed two baby quilts last week. The first one shown was done by an eight year old. Her very first quilt pieced with the help from her grandmother. Good to see the tradition being handed down.


The next one was pieced by someone who didn't know what she was doing, ten years ago. She didn't want to toss it, so I got it to longarm.


At the beginning of the year I took a workshop to learn a new technique. It's called Square in a Square by Jodi Barrows. I thought I would do a small quilt, not a wall hanging like in the booklet. I chose the pattern Pumpkin Hallow and cut the pieces out. Well, the pieces had been sitting for awhile and I told myself to either put the thing together or throw the pieces away. I decided to finish it. So far so good. As you can see I still have more trimming of blocks to do.


I've gotten back to my Esperanto. I'm learning that from Duolingo. http://duolingo.com
I started at the beginning again because it had been almost a week since my last lesson. My garden isn't doing so well. The grape tomatoes are good, I'm waiting for my purple tomatoes to turn purple, the cucumbers are a bust, and I'm battling cabbage bugs on my purple cabbages. I use a safe bug repellent but every time I put some on, it rains. Gah!

I've been keeping up with reading but not much else. No drawing, painting, working on dolls, or Halloween. But today is a new day at the beginning of a new week.

No comments:

An Apron

My mother wants two aprons and I got the first one done. I was a simple one and I'm glad I did it because it's easing me back into s...