Thursday, August 20, 2015

Oh Dear!

I've been planning to do a post here for the past week. Then things would happen, errands, pay bills, deliver and pick up quilts. I'm grateful my longarm service if finally getting busy. I'm still working on getting other things into my schedule. Reworking business things so that it will flow better. And trying to deal with the heat and humidity of late summer. Here are a few more quilts I've longarmed.


I have a quilt on the frame now that I will get to directly. I will finish sewing the rest of the strips for my Bargello piece today too.

I haven't sketched anything lately but my sketchbook is open and ready. The day is still young. I finally had a chance to go to the store and buy a pair of stretch jeans. When I tried them on, they fit perfectly. Got home and washed them and they didn't shrink. They were so big. Washed them a second time and am dreading putting them on. How does that happen? I thought when you washed things, they shrank. I'm afraid I will have to take them back and get a smaller size. This is why I don't like to go shopping. Oh well.

On the way to the shop this morning, I saw leaves on a tree that had started to change. Fall is close but still far enough away. Still working the catch up game. I'm okay with that because the business is getting better. I will be back.

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Ignore those fall leaves... it can't be for real! ;) Your quilts look wonderful~

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Ha, ha! Yes, it's a wee bit early for that but fall is my favorite time of the year.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks for the compliment!

An Apron

My mother wants two aprons and I got the first one done. I was a simple one and I'm glad I did it because it's easing me back into s...