Tuesday, October 6, 2015

OCTOBER!!!!!

The one thing about life is that you can start over or pick up after being body slammed. First. I have had my longarm quilt machine for almost a year now, this month. A friend was nice enough to let me use space in his house to get started. Well, he decided he was ready to sell the house so I had to hit the road. I found a studio closer to where I live. So that's what I've been doing since my last post. Looking for a new spot, packing, moving, and finding things.

I like my new space. Lots of storage, big enough for the frame, sewing table, work table, and ironing board. I have a key to my space. I don't have to worry about disturbing or interrupting anyone when I want to work. My space is in an office building that now houses entrepreneurs and other creative types. There are three buildings in this creative campus. The building I'm in; the second building has a yoga studio, distillery, glass blowing studio and gift shop (The Olio), cantina (The Porch) and a bar (Hoots). The third building is an old mill that is being renovated and turned into shops and other spaces. More creative types. I like the idea of a creative campus. I'm hoping this will give me a creative shot in the arm that is sorely needed.




Moving is a notion. I've put things away and will have to remember where I put what. I still can't find my paper scissors or my X-acto knife. I know I packed them. I'm looking for a small padded office chair and will head over to Goodwill soon. I'll also need to get a small vacuum cleaner.

Now that the quilting service is steady, the holidays are coming up and I plan on being slammed with work, I can get back to working on dolls, all things Halloween, and other artwork. I'm ready to continue on with this ride called life. Never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Necie said...

Wow Wendy did you ever get the coolest place ever for a studio! I'm so happy for you!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Yeah Necie, I lucked out big time. Working on settling in and getting used to the place. Remember where I put things. LOL

Day 5 - Challenge No Pic Post

Yeah, when I thought about it this morning, I will need to have a day off. So I'm going to go for Sundays, the beginning of my week. I d...