Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mid-week

Or is it the end of the week? I'm confused. I guess the 'true' mid-week was yesterday. Wednesday. Yeah. My days are running together and I don't know if that's good or not. I picked up two more quilt tops to longarm this week, which is great. On Monday, I went to my quilt guild holiday meeting and it was pretty fun. Lots of wonderfully, silly women who deal in fabric, scissors, and thread. The food was pretty good and because I hadn't been in a couple of months, some ladies stopped me to say that they missed me being there. That they were following Wendy B Quilts on Facebook. Wow! That felt pretty good to hear. I am also trying out making a preemie quilt. The guild, Forsyth Piecers and Quilters, makes preemie quilts for a local hospital. So this I can do. My way of giving back. And the quilts go home with the babies, also cool. I thought I'd try one to see how it goes and well... not so well. It's a scrappy preemie quilt. Good thing it's small because I think I'm the only quilter in the state who doesn't have a fabric stash. It's a bit embarrassing but I work with what I've got. So here's my first little quilt.


I am always trying to improve myself. Mentally, emotionally, and physically. Sometimes I get to all three, sometimes not. I am also working on not worrying about some of that so much. Worrying takes a lot of time. Which I continue to tell myself I don't have enough of. But if I stop worrying, I find that I do have time to do things that I want to do. I also all for reading self-empowerment books, watch videos and such. I may not continue with the whole program but I do walk away with a few things that help me out. I discovered a new one this past Sunday. I was leery about trying it but what's the harm in trying? I did a little more research and decided to do it. I did see an improvement the first day. And the second. I'm going to give it a week or two to see if I continue to improve and I'll let you know what it is.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Catching Up

Getting back on the creative wagon. Got some things done, new things designed, bills paid, caught up on emails, found a doll I'd been lo...