Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Getting Into It

February, that is.

Last week was busy with quilts. This week, I get a little reprieve from longarming. Doesn't mean that I won't be working on quilts and other projects. I looking for ways to bring some color into the studio, so I set up my thread tree.


I started going through the bags of fabric my friend Lisa gave me and I've been finding some really cool pieces of fabric. Enough to make two preemie quilt tops and start six more. That helps me out a lot. I like doing them and it's my way of giving back to my community. It also gives me an opportunity to practice some custom longarming.

Today is bat ornament day. I will be cutting them out, turning the heads for stuffing and get ready to do some bunny ornaments for St. Patrick's Day. Those items will go into a local shop. The writing is on schedule. I work on things when I can but still working on doing it five days out of the week. I'm going to make the most of this little lull. Will have more pics soon.

No comments:

An Apron

My mother wants two aprons and I got the first one done. I was a simple one and I'm glad I did it because it's easing me back into s...