Tuesday, February 2, 2016

One Down, Eleven To Go

I'm late on a post. Lots of things going on. Good things. January was slow in the longarming department but it has picked up right now. Finished a quilt today and got another one on the frame.


I went to my first quilt show of the year and had a blast. Bought some things; patterns, a book on fancy stitches, specialty thread. I've got a few projects in the works. A friend cleared out her sewing room and gave me lots of fabric and scraps. Amazing. Two boxes, 2 bolts of a few yards of fabric each, 6 full bags, and a pretzel container full of scraps. I also got a half-done Hawaiian applique wall hanging. Yep, I'm weird enough to attempt to finish it.


Last month was okay. Here's what I accomplished,

  • 2 books read
  • 17 days writing
  • 8 business quilts done
  • 5 quilts for me done
  • 1 Sashiko piece done
  • 1 day trip to a friends bookstore
  • 1 pair of knitted socks done
  • watched Netflix 9 times (caught up on several series and watched movies over those times)
  • progress on 1 doll
Not the greatest but I did it. Last month I wondered why I wasn't getting anything creative done. It was really bugging me. So I did what I normally do. I analyzed the situation. I looked back to when I was the most productive. That's the great thing about having a blog. You can look back when things were hot. That's when I even had a regular job. The thing that I found out was that back then, I had very specific lists. Now, I looked around and had tons of ideas. Sketched, written on tiny pieces of paper, lined paper; I'm surprised nothing was on a facial tissue or napkin. At least I had everything in one spot. Nothing was properly written down. My ideas for dolls, Halloween, other things I wanted to make. I knew I would have to go through that stack and see what was viable. That didn't take long but now I need to go through the six separate piles and do some serious sketching and make lists of what I want to make. Because I am so ready to make something.

I know I'm up to some procrastination by not diving into each pile. That makes things more real. Gives me deadlines. Well, I've got a bigger deadline. I want to reopen my Etsy shop March 1st. The month is still young and I think the biggest accomplishment is knowing what has been holding me up. I'm excited and yet...

Fear level is code yellow.

No comments:

An Apron

My mother wants two aprons and I got the first one done. I was a simple one and I'm glad I did it because it's easing me back into s...