I went to the Catawba Quilter's Guild Show today in Hickory, North Carolina. It was really nice. 278 quilts were judged and on display. I saw every quilt but only took a few pics. And went to most of the vendors. I got some fabrics for upcoming projects. Some felted wool fabric and some cottons.
From the quilt show, I went down the hall to the woodworking show (which was free, can't pass up a free event) put on by Klingspor's Woodworking Shop. Years ago, I used to do woodcarving. I really liked it and want to get back to it. I'll have to figure out how and I did find out there was a woodworking club right here in town. I met a lady who had a table there who just wanted to show people what she did which was making her own rubber stamps. I couldn't believe the detail she got in her pieces. She let me try and I made my first rubber stamp using my own drawing. So many ideas are crowding my head.
Is that cool or what?
#quiltshow #fabric #feltedwool #rubberstamp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoa!
Okay, wow, geesh! This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...
-
Working hard to get back in the groove of blogging. It's a way to get my feelings, ideas, and dreams out of my head and into the world. ...
-
For some reason I couldn't upload close-ups. I will try to get more pics later but for right now I wanted to show you that I finished ...
-
Okay.... I don't know what happened to March. Maybe part of it was winter cabin fever finally getting the heck out of here, or Dayligh...



3 comments:
Beautiful fabrics and I love your little pumpkin stamp.
Love the color of the fabrics.
Thank you Judi. I was quite surprised about the stamp and how it came out. Thanks Glenda.
Post a Comment