Friday, June 22, 2018

Slowly...

Moving along. One of my mid-year goals is to post on my blog more often. Even if I don't post pics, I can talk about what's going on in my crazy little mind. My creative crazy little mind. I'm at the bad point of most of my projects. Finishing. I don't know why I don't like to finish things because I know that if I do, there's a good possibility of me selling the piece. Maybe it's because that's a scary thing. I tell myself that if I finish it, people will expect more. Oh, what a wonderful loop that is. No, it isn't. I'm running out of room and I've got so many more ideas floating around and just sketched out on paper.

One project has a deadline and it must be finished today. That's scary in itself. To release something that I've created. What if they don't like it? But they will. You were recommended to them, so someone likes your work. To some this may sound silly but to other creatives, you know what it feels like to not trust yourself, your work, your own creativity, your passion and you just start beating yourself up over it. Well... for me... today is not that day. It will get done and in the mail. Because I have so much more to do. Oh my gosh! You wouldn't believe the lineup I have of what to do and as long as I can stay out of my way and put fear in the backseat (because it will always be there), I can step on the gas. And my creative dungeon, um... work space is a total wreck and that is also jamming my creative frequencies. Ugh!

One... thing... at... a... time.

So, for now I show you the voodoo doll pins that I have been working on for a very long time. The finally got a little paint, their faces on, and skirts and short pants ready. They are the second project that will be done on Sunday. Next week is my birthday and I'm taking off from the other job to have time to bust out some new work and finish up some old work. I've got eight days. Yeah, I'm laughing now. It hasn't turned maniacal yet but I feel it building. I guess this is a good time to see what I'm really made of. You with me? I'm doing the virtual hand holding right now.


I'm off to a great start today. I think I'm going to need more coffee. Yesterday was the longest day of the year and now they are going to get shorter again. Isn't that crazy how that works? My countdown has begun. 130 days and 14 hours. That shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Have an exciting day y'all!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...