Friday, February 1, 2019

Hello February!

Where do I start? First off, February is going to be my start month for 2019 because January kind of sucked. It was very weird, starting day one. I came into contact of 2 Debbie Downers and from there, everything just went downhill. I didn't produce much of anything. I was in a void and I didn't know what was going on. I blame all the lunar events that were happening. Blood Moon, Wolf Moon, eclipse, and then to top it off with the Polar Vortex thing... UGH! And so many friends and acquaintances also suffering from creative stagnation and just being ill. Things breaking down. Like I said, January sucketh.

But now it's February. A new month. A short month. I'm feeling better but I'm a bit afraid to do so. I've got plans. I've decided to go all out to make totally different things. I will still do cloth dolls but a different variety of cloth dolls. I'll explain in the future. I'm truly going to give myself permission to make whatever the heck I want. If people like it, great. If not, that's okay too but the little monsters are crowding my tiny brain. Yesterday, I started some new pieces. I have no idea what I'm doing. I didn't have the right materials for one group and used what I had. Really going to have to improvise a bit and that's okay too. Stop stressing and overthinking and just make something. You know.


Two different groups going on in the top photo. I have an idea and they're works in progress. The goal is to have them done by the end of the month. And that's Boris in the back with his nifty red and white scarf on.

I want to participate in the art challenge 29 Faces this month too. I've been practicing last month on the refrigerator calendar. I think I will try more male faces. I do need to practice those.


So I'm off to a start of a very busy month. A creative month. Because spring is coming. I know we have to get through February and March (we could get more snow) but spring will eventually get here.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...