Friday, May 24, 2019

Okay Then...

Yep, I thought I would be doing better at posting but this has also been a weird month. Heck, a weird year. The one thing I have been doing is keeping up in my Bullet Journal but the creative wheels are a turning. Since my last post I've:

  • had 2 panic attacks
  • took 3 days to clear out one room of my mother's house - still not done. Have to go through built in drawers and finish off the closet.
  • got things together for an upcoming yard sale
  • stuffed and put together 5 new dolls
  • got a little knitting in - that kind of calms me down
  • been doing some little sketches
  • started making hexies for upcoming projects
  • went on my first day trip of the spring/summer
  • bought some doll supplies
  • working on designs for a new doll
  • figuring out which doll shows to do at the end of the year
  • worked on a watercolor mermaid painting
  • added my first piece to my wardrobe with a blue jean jacket (not new)
Okay, looking at the list, it hasn't been bad. There is always room for improvement. My blue jean jacket I got at The Michigan Antiques Festival and I love it. My first ever blue jean jacket. It was my first time going and there were also antique cars on display and I love the antique spinning wheels.



New Long Legs dolls.

The what used to be my art room. Knotted pine paneling. Those were the days. I used to pretend I was in a log cabin when I worked in there. I have to go through my books too. I washed the curtains, which I guess hadn't been done in awhile and when I pulled them out of the dryer, they looked like a tiger had gotten some claws on them. So... new curtains will be made. And a window needs to be repaired.


My version of Feegee Mermaids.

I'm making hexies. Using a template, they are made out of fabric. Because I have lots of scraps and some crazy ideas for these little things. I have seen some smaller than this and I'm seeking out those templates. Yes, that's a quarter next to them.


And this will be the second garment I add to my wardrobe. I read of one young lady who had so many different crafts she liked to do (sewing, knitting) that she decided to make one garment a month. I liked that idea and will try it. But the new garment will replace an old one.

So, that's my update. Will work on another post a lot sooner.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...