Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The -ber Months

 Finally, we are into the months that end in -ber.  Which means fall or autumn if you like, is coming! My most favorite time of year even though there is much nonsense going on on this rock we call home. This has not been a good year for me but I'd really like to try to turn it around in some creative way. So... I had bought these little ornament kits from a dollar store, I think last year. I found them while clearing out some things. I left them out. For months and decided to take them out of their package because they needed painting. I mean anything- anything to get back to being creative. Right? So they sat on my cutting table for another month and last week I did it. I painted the little critters. 


Now when you have inexpensive little kits like this, the longer they are hidden the paint dries. Yep. It was like glue. Good thing I had my real paints, which also haven't fared too well. The hole for dispensing the paint was clogged. In all paint bottles. Okay then. It seems I really must get back to it so as not to waste what's left of my paint stash.


So I did it. This thing called painting. I had something in mind but things weren't going that way so this is what I ended up with. Not great (yes, I started to beat myself up over it) but I finished them. It's a start right? They are now with my other Halloween pieces and that makes me happy.

Onward September!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...