Sunday, March 1, 2020

March!

I feel like I've received my marching orders.

Heck! Another month. Three months into a new year. Three months into a new decade. And I still feel behind. Even though I have been working on things, now is the time to really put the pedal to the metal. Step on the gas. Floor it. Time waits for no one and it's flying by. The older I get, the faster it seems to go. What's up with that?

I've been in and out of a weird funk the past two months even though some cool things have been happening and I've been working on being consistent again. Still waging a battle against not thinking what I want to do is important or good enough. Back to wanting to move again. Because things just aren't working out where I am. I can't change the place where I am, so I will have to find my own place. When I was younger, it didn't bother me to move. I was more fit. Now, the body isn't recovering as quickly. I have made that decision to at least attempt to find out a safe, less expensive place to live. A place to create.

I sent in my application to a local doll show. I have about 31 days to finish some pieces and start some new ones. I will have to do it. I have to move. No point in beating that dead horse. I have to make things happen for me. I deserve to at least try for me. So the sorting, giving things away, and packing will commence again. I've got new ideas on my platter. Stoking the fires. Also eating better and doing more exercises. With the way the weather is going to be this week, I may even be able to go for a few walks.

No pics this post. I don't even know if I want to list projects. Maybe I'll do a few.
Dolls:

  • finish 8 Prim Dollies
  • finish 5 Long Legs
  • finish 2 aliens
  • finish 2 Franken Babies
  • finish 3 Frida Kahlo dolls
  • finish 2 Day of the Dead dolls
Other:
  • practice embroidery and applique
  • finish repairing pants with hexies
  • start a new doll series
  • edit 2 short stories
31 days. Make it work.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...