Monday, October 7, 2013

Soft Sculpture Workshop Pics

I was going to do this post yesterday but friends invited me over for a bonfire and snacks.  So I went.  It was wonderful being with friends, making new friends, and hanging out with my soon-to-be eight month old niece.  She's a stitch.  It was a little warm for October in North Carolina but the evening sky was clear and the stars were amazing.

Lisa allowed us to take pics of her work.  The pics are mine, the figures are hers.  She does fantabulous work and is continuing her soft sculpture classes the rest of the year and scheduling for next year.


A close up of a head Lisa was working on to show the stitches of the eyebrows.


Jump.  She's so cute and playful.





The hands have plastic mittens on them because Lisa said the finger tips get dirty fast and the dirt shows up when covered with the panty hose.  A good tip to know.




You can just make out the stitches in the torso and thighs.



Some of Lisa's earlier characters.


This old gents eyes are painted to have cataracts.


Love this biker dude.  The hair on his chest is thread.


A cute little baby.  I'm going to have to learn how to make an open mouth.  We did get a quick tutorial.



No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...