This past Friday, Maya and I went to the Southeastern Animal and Fiber Fair (SAFF) in Asheville, North Carolina. We'd been planning on this event for the past eight months and kept our fingers crossed so that nothing would prevent us from attending. We were so excited to be on the road. The weather was brisk and the sun was shining.
All I can say is that we had a blast. We walked around the main section that was in a small arena at I believe the fair ground. Immediate overwhelm, looking at all the fibers, yarn, roving, patterns, handmade and knit items. Oh my gosh! I so want a loom and new spinning wheel. Maya wants alpacas, which are so stinking cute. Especially the babies. And the noises they make. A cross between a grunt, bark, and bunny sounds. The tiny ones had little blankets over them. I guess to keep them warm. If I had room, I most definitely would have a couple. There hair is so soft. Some say it's softer than cashmere and easier to take care of. I bought some to make gloves. I guess I need to finish my second pair of socks. We also went to the other buildings for more animals and vendors. I will most definitely have a project in mind next year.
Oh, and the Angora bunners. So cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoa!
Okay, wow, geesh! This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...
-
Working hard to get back in the groove of blogging. It's a way to get my feelings, ideas, and dreams out of my head and into the world. ...
-
For some reason I couldn't upload close-ups. I will try to get more pics later but for right now I wanted to show you that I finished ...
-
Okay.... I don't know what happened to March. Maybe part of it was winter cabin fever finally getting the heck out of here, or Dayligh...








No comments:
Post a Comment