Monday, May 11, 2020

Alrighty Then...

Things just keep getting better and better.

I really want to believe that. My state's lockdown was extended until May 28. Some businesses are opening, slowly, which as much as it hurts is a good thing. The states hot spot is doing better because of the long 'stay at home' issue. Deaths are down for a consecutive week, confirmed cases are down, recoveries are up. This is good news. So I'm hoping that come June, I can find a new job and get on with my life. Like find my own place to live. One step at a time. Right?

I'm with the group of artists who have been having a hard time with this virus thing. Even though we thought we had more time to work on things, other things prevented the burst of creativity. What I've learned is that it's okay to not feel okay. These are not normal times. But look as every day as a new day and find something, one thing to work on. Even if it's something you've never done before. Like this Critter Challenge I'm doing. I would have never dreamt of drawing this way, yet here I am. Doing it. Something different. Here is my front page for my May Bullet Journal. It was late but I got it done.


Here are the last two drawings for a trio. Waiting for the next video to show up. These will be transferred to watercolor paper. I will probably add a few more things before painting.



Not much else creative has been happening and I was feeling bad about that. But now that things seem to be getting better in the world, I will attempt to get my creative mojo back. How are you guys and gals holding up?

It's a new day and a new week. We can do this.

4 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Hey Windy!
These critters are wonderful! Love the color and whimsical nature of these. I'm painting a lot of en plein air right here in my neighborhood these days and some studio still life. We've had some gorgeous spring days mixed in with cooler rainy ones. Let's stay strong. I'm trying to look at this time as a new beginning since we know things will never be the same again.

Pilgrim said...

Hello Cousin. Holding up pretty well here in Henderson, Nevada. We are also ln lockdown through the end of the month although because of my age (70) I will be really careful in reentering the public square. I have been making cards and learning to paint backgrounds in my art journal. I am rather enjoying the quiet.

I hope you keep up your creative endeavors.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hey Cousin, I'm still hanging in there. Just now getting back into some sort of creative groove. I don't know if I will keep up with this blog or not. I may archive it and start another. I hope you are doing well at this time. The year being half gone. Wow.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hey Steven, thanks for the encouragement and I love your quote. I'm rallying back to a creative life.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...