Monday, February 17, 2020

Still February

Working hard to get back in the groove of blogging. It's a way to get my feelings, ideas, and dreams out of my head and into the world. I think I will attempt a post every Monday. See how that goes. Waiting to hear back on a job but if nothing happens by March 1, the search will commence. Starting to look for another place to stay. That's so difficult when what you get paid, doesn't afford a one bedroom apartment in a decent area. Praying that my truck stays well for another year. It turned 20 almost two years ago and has over 220 + thousand miles. Love that truck. Praying that my laptop keeps working for another year. He's old and cannot take any new programs. Old programs are having a hard time updating and some have stopped.

I am not a patient person. I'm working on that. Now that I know what I want to do with myself, it is sometimes hard to just keep working on what makes me happy and feel content. It's been a struggle to get back to being creative after my knee surgery and all it entailed the end of last year.

I am back to working on dolls that were started some time ago. I have a doll show in April I would like to attend. I have new ideas for dolls, if I can just stay out of my way and play. Play with new materials and just see what happens. I have several ideas for big projects too. I have started learning new things such as weaving on a pin loom, and working on embroidery and applique.

Still working on the 29 Faces art challenge for the month.




Doll skirts for some dolls that have been sitting around forever.


A pin loom I got myself for Christmas. I have a project in mind for the weaving but needed to know how this thing worked. So fat so good. I practiced with yarn I had on hand and now I need to find what I think will really work for what I want to do.


My first woven pieces. The top are the latest ones. From left to right: The two lilac ones are worsted yarn. The pink, red, and dark purple are cotton. Bottom row were the first ones I made. From left to right: The two dark red and blue are 100% wool and the green ones are a wool, silk, and alpaca blend. I can also say I've started Christmas gifts.


I also did a thing last month that I can't talk about right now but it's exciting, and as soon as I can tell you about it, I will. Have a great week.

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Excellent post Wendy. I need to start blogging again also. Cannot wait to see some of your doll creations for the Doll show.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Glenda! Yes, I hope you get back to blogging too. Miss your posts too.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...