- one book read
- 11 writing days
- 4 business quilts longarmed
- 2 applique projects started
- 3 day trips/entertainment (Hoots Flea Market, Walnut Cove Craft Fair, Keep It Local art fair in Oak Ridge)
- 3 Wendy B Quilts blog posts
- 12 World of Wendy Lu blog posts
- 2 Netflix movies
- one project done (mug rugs)
- 3 workshops/talks (applique workshop, White Collar Crime writing seminar, Mary's Mavens meeting)
I went to the two art/craft fairs today. The first one was at the Chateau La Fontaine Inn in Walnut Cove.
The second show was the Keep it Local Art Fair in Oak Ridge. On a farm and they had donkeys. A mom and her six month old son. The owners got them to keep the coyotes away from the chickens. I didn't know donkeys did that. There was also a llama, but I guess he didn't like the crowds.
It was a pretty good adventure and the GPS worked.
I started my own applique design. I took a pic of a magnolia when I first moved down here. Then I had it enlarged to the size I wanted.
Next I traced the photo on the light box using tracing paper, went over the design with marker, put it back on the box and traced it again.
Then I numbered all the parts of the flower and leaves.
I've got some fabric choices already pulled and next I will make the pattern pieces from that fabric. I also sketched some ornaments and started three.
My messy worktable.
My three little ornaments.