A New Month!

Here we go! A new day in a new month, the last month of the year. Can we say 2014 flew by? I think it did. I’m glad most of it is a blur, a bad one at that. Now it’s time to pull up the big girl pants and forge ahead. I have quilts I am personally working on, waiting for my jobs, getting creative again, and I've a Christmas commission to do. I’m looking forward to doing the commission. It’s been a long time since I’ve done one. Let’s see if I can make up some the the creative stuff I’ve missed out on for the year. It’s going to be a busy December. And that’s okay.
I’m working on my quilt blog. Wanting it, at least, set up today. Until then, here’s a picture of my longarm machine. I’ve named him Leonidas from The 300 movie. I wanted a name that showed a dedicated and hard worker. Dependable. Take no prisoners. Thus, I have blessed it so.


I practiced with three small quilts. One of mine and two made by my mom.
This one is mine. You can see the layering of the final piece. The quilt top I pieced, the white batting, and the red backing fabric.



Close ups of my quilt. The top and the back.


Close up of my mom’s scrappy quilt with a different pantograph pattern.

I’m also still scaling back on the stuff in my apartment. That will be an ongoing process but I’m feeling better about it. I will be making some scrappy quilts of my own so that I can creatively get rid of scraps and fabric I know I will never use. They may or may not be for sell. We’ll see. So get your December on. The year isn’t over yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Pic Post

Catching Up

Hello December -No Pic Post