Friday, November 26, 2010

Hello!

Is anyone out there? I know it's been awhile since I've posted last. Novembers seem to be time sucking in every way. After coming down from my doll expo and writer's workshop high, I crashed really hard. Didn't want to do anything but sleep and the creative mojo man went missing. I attempted new dolls, NANOWRIMO, and tired to get back on track but my job had its annual craft fair, which also took time (mental too). Then there was turkey day. By the way...

HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING!

There's nothing like good food to help with the spirits. I got an invite from Maya and her husband. He, the wonderful man, smoked a turkey that was so tender it truly melted in one's mouth. I had so much fun and laughed so much. I talked to a friend from high school, several from university and it was so good hearing their voices. We cheered each other up. It was great! I do have some leftovers, I didn't gorge myself yesterday either. Very good of me. I am so grateful for all my friends and their support.

I'm getting a new and better attitude on life. More details later, but for right now, I'm excited about how things are going. I have two projects to complete by December and then I will be able to concentrate on new work. I am learning how to say 'no' because of all that I want to do. It's okay to want my time to create my art. I don't have to explain anything to anyone. It's quite liberating. In 2011, I will make some more big decisions that will improve my life, how I see it, and how I want it to be.

I want to thank my new followers: Natalia of www.scarletsailsminiatures.blogspot.com whose shoes are awesome! And Grandma Moose of www.needlefeltedrockheads.blogspot.com. I think I got that right. I thought I wrote down Grandma's real name. Forgive me, it must be the leftover dressing. Mind is still getting back to normal.

I will be getting new pics up next week. My body feels the need to get back to creating. I have missed many creative posts from you all and will have to catch up. Thanks for being in my blog world.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to see you posting again Wendi. Your posts always lift my spirits and your philosophy of doing something you like every day is so in keeping with what I would like to achieve. I think 2011 will be the year when I start to make changes.....x

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hi Allison! Glad to be back. I was allowing strange things to take up space in my head and they have been purged. Finishing up projects for others helps too. :)
Thanks for saying my posts uplift you. We're going to make 2011 rock!

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...