Friday, August 12, 2011

More Projects

I got off to a good start at the beginning of the month and now, well, life is doing weird things to me. But I shall prevail. I'm not going down without a fight. Here are two new projects I'll be working on in the next week.


First up is another needle felted Mardi Gras skellie, like Mavis. I've got to get pipe cleaner on for the feet and then add more wool for felting. The armature is covered with wool batting. He/she looks kind of happy and ready to celebrate already.


A friend gave me these two candlestick holders. I will sand them and needle felt Halloween heads and attach them to each. The sanding will take place today. I mean, why not? I think once I get them painted, I'll have a better idea of the size head or jack'o lantern I'll put on.  Here we go.

2 comments:

Kim said...

oh Wendy- what a great idea to needlefelt on the top of those candlesticks!! I can't wait to see them- I bet I'm really going to want them! Hang in there and keep fighting- that's what I keep telling myself this summer too :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Kim. I'm debating on if I want these little holders to be for pumpkin heads and the larger ones for skellies. I will try to get them painted tomorrow. So much to do this month. Never give up, never surrender.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...