I ended up with 47 slips of paper for the whole of 2013. I won't share everything because some things are personal or you just wouldn't get it but I will give some highlights.
- had an artist date at a local museum - saw Romare Bearden
- first time experiencing torrential rains followed by thunder snow -yes, it snowed and thundered at the same time
- got a costume consultant gig with Old Salem Museum and Gardens, another gig with Historic Bethania Center making bedding and window treatments for a historic room
- learned how to knit socks
- was present at the birth of my niece Zanna Joy
- realized that my writing was becoming much better, clearer and tighter
- participated in several doll/ornament swaps
- did my first large painting, Day of the Dead Dancer, 24" x 36", in acrylic paint
- had several commissions
- took a soft sculpture workshop with Lisa Lichtenfels
- have a figure on permanent display in the Children's Museum of Winston-Salem
- got back to painting on a regular basis
- received a beautiful Steampunk doll from Christine Shively
- finished my Regency short stay
- went to 2 book signings: Craig Johnson of the Longmire series and Lemony Snicket
- went to my first fiber festival - SAFF Southeastern Animal & Fiber Fair
- went to the Greensboro Aquarium, Zoo, and Science Center
- completed NANOWRIMO with 51306 words
Not bad huh? Plus all the other things I accomplished, I guess I had a pretty good year. I'm really cutting myself some slack right now. And it is difficult but I'm working on it. There were times last year when I would beat myself up over not doing enough. I could have done more but I get another chance this year. Live in the present, enjoy the day.
I will not be writing resolutions. Don't believe in those because I never stick to them. I do believe in goals. I have a general list, personal list, and creative list. One of my goals this year is also on my Bucket List and that is to do plein air painting in a National Park. This one isn't just any National Park but one that is also on the World Historic Registry. Yosemite National Park. I have a friend I haven't seen in years who will be doing an internship there for six months. I will be going. I've got a lot of work to do and things to sell.
Sorry I didn't write much at the end of last year. I had two craft fairs in November along with NANO and a fair in December plus a last minute commission. Won't be doing that again.
It's a new month and a new year and I have left the gate.