Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Not the Best Pic

Been sick for almost a week, a really bad cold this time with a dose of another infection dealing with kidneys and bladders. Ha, ha! Yeah, I went there. Anyhoo, feeling much better and I'm working hard to salvage the rest of this month. I finally got my pirate/skull vest done. Buttonholes and all. It looks way better on and I will have to get a pic of me in it. Until then, here it is.


It's lined and I just love the fabric. Feeling pretty good right now because I got something done, this year. I know, it's still early but this month was starting to freak me out because I had nothing creative done.


Close up of buttons.

I've also been back to writing and finally broke through a block where I couldn't figure out how to start the story. I've had many scenes written, lots of background info, and stories to fill several books, but I didn't know how to start the darn thing. Or where to start it in the main character's life. Before I got out of bed this morning, a scene popped in my head which led to the start of the whole story.  Book One. I am so excited, I jumped up and down for a bit. It's been several years since I've been working on this story and now I've got a beginning down. Amazing, simply amazing. Working on some dolls/figures and will get some pics up soon.

See ya!

Stay warm!

3 comments:

Abi said...

Hope you keep getting better Wendy.
The vest is amazing! I love the collar.
I hope to read a book of yours one day :) I would have absolutely no idea how to write one. It seems like an amazing gift.
Take it easy x

Steven W. Dunn said...

Hi Wendy
Get over being sick really fast!-such a waste of time.
Great looking vest and those buttons were made just for you. Love your "Germ" presence and you!
Steven

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Feeling lots better Abi, thanks. I hope you get a chance to read my books too. I'm working on them.

Thanks Steven. Yes, being sick is bad and a waste of time.

Wendland Witches

I'm liking my new group of waiting to be witch dolls. I'm working on stories for them too but for now, here are some more sketches. ...