Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Toledo Doll and Bear Show

I did it! I survived my first venture back into doll shows after about eight years. I'd done doll shows many years ago and stopped. Now I hope I'm back. At least for some of them. It was a nice show. A true doll show with antique, reproduction antique dolls and bears. There were also some antique miniatures and dollhouses, and two reborn repaint doll artists. A few vendors were selling fabric for fancy doll clothes. Just about everyone was nice. I sold my first piece before the show started. I didn't sell a lot but I made some new friends who gave me lots of advice on other shows, suppliers, and where to get information on doll related things. There were two teddy bear artists, an animal artist, and me, the only doll artist who made their own work.

I got such a good response with my work. Quite a few were happy that I was there because I was different. I had pieces for everyone. Normal to Halloween! People were asking if I was going to come back next year because they knew someone who liked Halloween or cloth dolls. One lady, who is with a cloth dollmaking club, is trying to get their own show together and asked if I would like to be a vendor. I gave her my info. She really liked my dolls. Someone commented on how varied they were. I told them that I had to do different things or my head would explode. Then she said, I guess you have to find your style. I told her that I have a style, that if you look close enough, that all of these dolls were made by one person. Whether its' in my paint job, my color palette, how I make my outfits, you can see it.  And I am good, working on being better.





I guess I really missed being a part of the doll show circuit. I guess I'm back and I'm looking forward to the next show.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hooray Hooray!!!! I am so excited and happy for you Wendy ♥

Creator's Touch said...

These are all wonderful creations Wendy, and I 'm glad you jumped back in the fire!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank Kim and Creator's Touch. It was good to get back into the game.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...