Thursday, January 10, 2019

Restart

Yes, I had to restart my year to this past Monday. Last week pretty much sucked. People, the other job... I had no idea what was going on. Then  co-worker mentioned some crazy meteor shower going on. So, I'm going to blame some of the craziness on that celestial event. My story and I'm sticking to it.

It did put a damper on my mental well being. I was so ready to start this New Year and I had come into contact with so many Debbie Downers. Did not see that coming. So now I'm back to insulating myself and get my 'super hero warrior goddess' gear back on. I either go with the flow or rock the boat. I can swim. I finally got the last of new material for this new technique and I'm already thinking ahead of what to do with it. Bad idea. Let's just do the first project. But, I have retooled an old doll pattern to make a new cloth doll. Because I've booked a doll show that is happening in April. And I need new dolls for that. I've also planned to send work to a shop in North Carolina in time for the Black Theater Festival. So traditional work for both of those art events. I'm good with that. Here's a pic of the old pattern and the new.


This morning I pulled some fabric to make the first model to see if things work out or if I have to tweak or change the pattern in any way. The new doll is a little bit bigger and her legs are shaped a bit more. She has more of a shoulder to accommodate a particular style of dress. Maybe even a cloak or cape. Until next time.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...