Thursday, February 6, 2020

February 2020

Yes, it's been awhile since my last post. Working on finding some kind of balance in this one life I have has been daunting to say the least. Anyway, lots on the table this year. This decade. My knee is getting better from surgery last year. I'm back at the job and I'm looking for a new one. Which is another job. Wish me luck. Working on more exercising and eating better. That will work out when Lent comes. I will be able to focus on what I put in my body. I have finished up some projects and still working on others from last year. The last decade was full of heartache, turmoil, and frustration. So here's to the new decade and year.

So far:

  • Submitted two short stories for possible online publication
  • Finally tacked down the binding of my Double Irish Chain quilt that I started in 2016
  • I've been doing little sketches on a regular basis, will turn some into better drawings
  • I've been writing on a regular basis, working on editing a pile of stories
  • Got a pin loom and I'm learning how to weave on it. I have other plans for the finished pieces. Don't know if it will work or not for what I have in mind but I've got to start somewhere
  • Learning more ways to applique and embroider, also for future projects
  • Participating in the art challenge 29 Faces for the month of February
From last year been working on some Frida Kahlo dolls.


Also from last year, Christmas ornaments for co-workers.


I bought myself a Wattle & Loop (out of Australia) embroidery/applique kit. I have lots of ideas but wanted to see their process.


Yes, it's the Year of the Rat. These two were commissioned after I drew and showed one for the front page of my Bullet Journal for January.



The mending of my favorite pair of pants that I've had since forever. Like almost 30 years. Cotton twill and they don't make pants like this anymore. Mending the holes, then covering them with hexies. I will stitch hexies all over the pants. I'm also going to work on one of my favorite sweaters that has seen better days. Going to try not to buy more clothes but get back to making my own.


First four of my 29 Faces.


And my Double Irish Chain quilt.


I have missed blogging. If only to keep my wits about myself. I don't know if anyone will read this. Or if they get anything useful out of this but I will keep going. Life is truly a journey if not a very wacky trip. Have a good rest of the week.

4 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

You're certainly right-life really is a very wacky trip.
This quilt is a beauty-what a splendid job! You really have been busy with all of your projects. Glad your knee is feeling better as time goes on. Good luck with the search for a new job.
Steven

Pilgrim said...

Dear cousin, so glad to see you blogging again. I am praying that this new decade bring you joy and much success. Glenda

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hey Steven, thanks on my quilt. It's hard to get busy creatively when other things don't seem to work out. I will take all the luck I can get on finding a new job.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hey Glenda,
Yes, it's been awhile since I last posted on my blog. So many things going through my head. Thanks for the prayers for a happy and prosperous new year and decade. Right back at you too.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...