Thursday, June 18, 2009

Adjustments

Just when you think things are going well, something happens. Something weird or that something where you get comfortable and cocky and you get knocked on the head to get you back in line. If you're on a roll, it's not time to get cocky. Stay in the zone and continue to push forward. If you're working towards a bigger goal, take a break if you need one but press forward. Finish a smaller project within a bigger project but keep going. Pat yourself on the back for doing a good job but don't think it's time to coast, especially if you're not done with the complete project.

Even when monetary rewards start to come in, you figure out the next project, the next media blitz and keep going. Sometimes you just fall into that mental trip of 'yeah, things are going great, I don't have to work as hard.' Then something happens to make you humble again and you're back on track.

I am no longer the Queen of Procrastination. I'm slowly losing my Princess status too because I know I can do better. I have more time in my schedule to get things done. No excuses. There is finally a tunnel and I really want to see what's on the other side.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...