Friday, August 14, 2009

Fabric, fabric everywhere!

After waiting on budget money for a month to buy fabric for the dolls, I finally got it. Paperwork, banks, lawyers. Blah, blah, blah. Nathan was a wee bit upset that his main designer, me, was behind schedule. The main component, dolls, of the movie was not getting made. I refused to get upset. What was the point? The money for me was finally there, now I just had to be able to access it.

I got access and my dear friend Maya, went shopping with me. She's very good to take along fabric shopping. She watched as I pulled different colors and textures, amazed at the process and taking joy in the gleam in my eyes. She was also great at hauling a lot of the bolts for me too. Love you!

It was a good feeling to be able to buy whatever I wanted. The fancy fabrics I normally don't buy to make art. The colors, textures and patterns not usually used. This was my chance to show off. Every time I pulled a different bolt of fabric, Maya would say how she couldn't wait to see what I would do with it. I can't wait either.
Some Asian prints.
Fancy silks and some stretchy, tied dyed, shimmery stuff.
More satins and stretchy stuff. I have dolls in mind just for that. Ethereal beings, faeries, mermaids, gods and goddesses.
Couldn't pass up some upholstery pieces either. The shopping spree was fun and exhausting. Now I've got to get busy.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...