Thursday, April 25, 2013

Been Slacking

Sorry for no new updates.  So here we go.  I had three commissions, one after the other and the fourth was postponed until June.  That kind of threw me for a loop because I was in such a 'go get 'em' mode.  When the adrenaline is coursing through my veins, you just wanted to keep going.  The postponement brought me to a screeching halt and the adrenaline took a nose dive.

Here we go again.  The doubts, fears, and other crap us creative types deal with on a regular basis, decided to body slam me.  Really?  So I told myself that it was time for a break.  That I had been working hard (which is a good thing) but I'm also allowed to take a break.  And I did.  And now, I'm back.  I have another commission to work on.  Two paintings, size 24 x 36.  Huge!  I haven't worked this big since undergrad.  Will this be a challenge?  You bet.  And I'm ready.  I'm getting excited about these paintings.  I got my first degree in art, specializing in watercolor painting.  These paintings will be in acrylic.  Something new to me but I'm raring to go.

I'm back to working on dolls and hope to have pics soon.  Been working on my latest quilt and I'm almost done with my blouse.  I've been working on my kid book series, book two actually.  I thought I was ready to send out book one but when I started working on book two, I noticed that I needed to add some bits to book one so that book two would flow better.  Now I've decided to hold off on putting the series out there until I've got more written.  In the meantime I will work on some shorter stories and put them on a writing website for me.  Stay tuned.

I'm still working on my second pair of socks.  The heels are giving me fits.  This is what I get from not continuing knitting on a regular basis.  That will be remedied too.

Carry on people!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

you go girl- and good for you for not letting those doubts take over! You rock!! I am excited to see your paintings-what a great commission! Congrats!

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...