Monday, April 29, 2013

Started a Painting

I had this picture of a magnolia I took when I first moved to North Carolina. I'd always wanted to paint it and now I'm doing so. If it's presentable when I'm done, it'll be my mom's Mom's Day gift. Plus, it's getting me in practice to do two larger pieces. I haven't painted in ages and I've always wanted to get back to it. A new commission is pushing me towards that.


I have a stack of canvas panels and that's what I'm using here. Also, acrylic paints and decorative papers. It will be a mixed media project.



I've been watching mixed media painting videos on You Tube and I'm kind of hooked. I'll see what I can come up with.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I really cannot wait to see progress pictures. There is nothing better than being excited about a project :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I can't wait either Kim. I'm working on trying to get excited about anything these days. Weather isn't helping. Will make myself get out of the doldrums. Love seeing your work.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...