Tuesday, July 7, 2015

7/7

Okay, I mentioned that I was having a hard time creating in the past month. I don't know why I forget why it happens on occasion and what my remedy is. My work space has been a mess. Couldn't find anything. I knew I should clean up. But the procrastination pixies were running rampant. So instead of sinking into a pit of melted marshmallow mixed with peanut butter and crude oil, I decided to do something. About the mess. With the longarming of my own quilts, I had a pile of batting leftovers. I went through them, separated them, and put them into see through (that's the key) plastic bags and labeled them. The larger pieces I measured each piece, labeled, and nicely folded. They can be used for some nice size wall hangings. The next size pieces were too small for wall hangings but could be used to make some ornaments (I guess I should get going on those because you know what holiday is approaching), those also went into a labeled bag. The pieces that were too small for ornaments but too big to throw away, went into another bag. I will use those pieces to wrap doll bodies. That took about two hours of the morning but was very happy with the results. I continued to rearrange other things. I do have a few stacks of things to go through but they are neat stacks.

I practiced Esperanto, posted a blog, went to the library for more books, watched some paper mache videos, did not go on Facebook for the day (which was a bit difficult but stuck to my guns and was able to get things done), I got back to working on Verity (a pattern by Deana Hogan) and I was enjoying it. It's been awhile since I worked on a doll. I don't know why I'm so down on cloth dolls. Maybe because I've made so many of them that I want to do something different. That's fine, but I don't have to give cloth up forever.


The legs and arms have been stuffed. I now have to stitch the fingers on the hands and stuff the head and body. Her lower legs are out of a striped material to simulate stockings. I picked an olive green fabric for her dress.

I made a trip to Trailer Stash Fabrics this morning. Love that place. Got another Sashiko kit and a dress pattern. And I got into some more trouble. I signed up for a Quilt Top Challenge. We could list up to six quilt tops that we want to finish. The owner of the shop picks one of the numbers for us and that's the quilt we work on. It's not to finish the whole quilt, just the top. And the one she picked for me was my Halloween Cat wall hanging. I guess I'm going to have to get it done. I have a month. And I signed up for an open workshop that starts in the Fall. That one will be like a block-of-the-month. I can't wait to see the designs. I'm off to work on that cat and some other things. See ya later.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...