Monday, July 6, 2015

July, July!

No pic post today. I do hope everyone had a nice, wonderful, or uneventful 4th of July. Mine was uneventful. I house and pet sat for a friend. Latte stayed by my side through the booming storms and fireworks. She does not like them and at one point, neither did I. They were loud. Like canon fire. But it's all good. Over until next year.

It is July! Half the year is definitely over. The summer solstice has come and gone and the days are getting shorter. Yep, I said it, shorter. Some people are not having a summer yet and with time flying by, they may not get one. I feel sorry for them. Here in North Carolina, we are definitely having summer. And rain. And today, it's humid. My curls have curls and I just give up with the hair thing. Even though I was born in the summer, I've never really cared for it. Except for growing things, When I was younger my aunt had a vegetable garden every year and I helped take care of it. Now that I'm older, I deal with it. I love fall, then spring, then winter, then summer. In winter, you can always put more clothes on. In summer, well, there's only so much you can take off before the risk of being arrested. The other thing that's starting to get on my nerves is the rush for Christmas. Can't they wait until the little ones go back to school? I have seen a couple of commercials hawking Christmas. And a 'buy me' channel was hawking decorations. I have no problem with that holiday but it's still summer.

Last month was okay. I had fun doing things for my birthday celebration but felt it a bit stagnant on the creative front. Don't know why. Nothing seemed to jive and I didn't want to do anything. ANYTHING!!!!! I don't know if it was the planets doing sky bowling or the weird weather patterns we've been having. I wasn't really inspired and felt lost.

I'm still feeling a little lost but getting better. A few hours of Pinterest and watching creative videos on You Tube can help bring back the creative mojo. I have so many ideas running around in my head now, that I need to stop and sketch them out. Plus, Halloween is coming and once again, I'm not prepared and behind schedule. Gah! I have been reorganizing my creative space so I can find things and get busy.

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...