Friday, February 19, 2016

My Work Table

It's been awhile since my work table looked like this. It was scary and exhilarating and fun at the same time. I hadn't felt that in a long time. How long? Three years long. Eek! Yep, I looked back. Way back. I'm grateful for my blog because I was able to go back and see when I was the most productive. What did I do differently? The time when I had a regular job, I got home, ate, and got busy. I designed and made things. Cool things and for whatever reason I lost that. Well now, I'm working my butt off to get it back.


I've made these critters before and I thought it would be the best small project to do to get back into the groove of things. Bad Wendy and the monkey were trying to poo poo my efforts. I told them to find a corner and be quiet. Sometimes you can't rush the really cool things you want to do after being away from it for so long. When I found out how long it had been, I cried. Three years gone; not creating anything. I mourned. Creating is like breathing but I guess I was underwater during that time. Now I've broken the surface. Doing the doggy paddle. And that's okay. Or maybe I was knocked out like Sleeping Beauty and Good Wendy threw paint brushes, paint, and maybe a sewing machine at me and I woke up.

For the past couple of months, I thought to myself that I've got to get back to making things. I've got to get that spark back. That it's okay to start back up, small. I gave myself permission to start small, with something I was familiar with. And now I'm ready for the next thing.


My St. Patrick's Day bat ornaments. I love bats and these make me happy.


And my bunner door hangs. I like them too.

There were plenty of times during the creation of these little guys where Bad Wendy was trying to get me off track. And I worked very hard at being in the moment. One stitch at a time. One little piece that goes next. I was so tired when I got done. My brain screamed at me. "What the heck do you think you're doing?" I answered back, "I'm using you." Maybe someone will buy them. Maybe not. But the creative floodgates have been opened. At least a bit.

One day at a time. One project at a time. One step at a time.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...