Friday, April 15, 2016

Anniversary

Yes, it's my anniversary. Yesterday was the day I left Michigan for North Carolina ten years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. I thought I would be upset but I wasn't. I learned a lot, met some really nice people, and did some really cool things.


  • Participated in many art & craft shows
  • Had my work in several shops and galleries
  • Was part of a three woman show in the Delta Arts Center
  • Was interviewed on the local radio for that exhibit
  • Showed up in a couple of local papers for my artwork
  • Visited two National Forests, a waterfall, and other scenic areas
  • Made it to the coast and the mountains
  • I started writing a lot and made the goal with National Write a Novel in a Month, several years

And other things. I don't know exactly what the next ten years will hold. I don't know if I'll be in the same spot. But I am hopeful. I am ready for another part of the play. I have new ideas for artwork, which I will finally own. So many have told me how much they like my work, many have bought some but I just didn't see it. Now I do. I will own my creativity, my talents and be the crazy art lady. I will be prolific. And I'm ready. Many demons have been slain. 

Let's do this!

2 comments:

Glenda Hoagland said...

Happy Anniversary Wendy. You left Michigan the year before I did. I am so happy for your successes and the lessons you have learned. Have a blessed weekend.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank you Glenda!

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...