Yes, it's my anniversary. Yesterday was the day I left Michigan for North Carolina ten years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. I thought I would be upset but I wasn't. I learned a lot, met some really nice people, and did some really cool things.
- Participated in many art & craft shows
- Had my work in several shops and galleries
- Was part of a three woman show in the Delta Arts Center
- Was interviewed on the local radio for that exhibit
- Showed up in a couple of local papers for my artwork
- Visited two National Forests, a waterfall, and other scenic areas
- Made it to the coast and the mountains
- I started writing a lot and made the goal with National Write a Novel in a Month, several years
And other things. I don't know exactly what the next ten years will hold. I don't know if I'll be in the same spot. But I am hopeful. I am ready for another part of the play. I have new ideas for artwork, which I will finally own. So many have told me how much they like my work, many have bought some but I just didn't see it. Now I do. I will own my creativity, my talents and be the crazy art lady. I will be prolific. And I'm ready. Many demons have been slain.
Let's do this!