Saturday, April 30, 2016

End of the Month

Here we are again. The end of another month. This year is going by way too fast. But there's nothing I can do about that. Except that I've decided to try and have more fun. I did rally this last week to get some projects done and new ones started. I feel very good about that. So, here we go for April:


  • one book read
  • 11 writing days
  • 4 business quilts longarmed
  • 2 applique projects started
  • 3 day trips/entertainment (Hoots Flea Market, Walnut Cove Craft Fair, Keep It Local art fair in Oak Ridge)
  • 3 Wendy B Quilts blog posts
  • 12 World of Wendy Lu blog posts
  • 2 Netflix movies
  • one project done (mug rugs)
  • 3 workshops/talks (applique workshop, White Collar Crime writing seminar, Mary's Mavens meeting)
I went to the two art/craft fairs today. The first one was at the Chateau La Fontaine Inn in Walnut Cove.


The second show was the Keep it Local Art Fair in Oak Ridge. On a farm and they had donkeys. A mom and her six month old son. The owners got them to keep the coyotes away from the chickens. I didn't know donkeys did that. There was also a llama, but I guess he didn't like the crowds.





It was a pretty good adventure and the GPS worked.

I started my own applique design. I took a pic of a magnolia when I first moved down here. Then I had it enlarged to the size I wanted.


Next I traced the photo on the light box using tracing paper, went over the design with marker, put it back on the box and traced it again.



Then I numbered all the parts of the flower and leaves.


I've got some fabric choices already pulled and next I will make the pattern pieces from that fabric. I also sketched some ornaments and started three.


My messy worktable.


My three little ornaments.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...