Thursday, September 19, 2019

Getting Back

Recovery from any surgery is slow and steady. Especially with joints. You're terrified that you'll do something wrong and re-injure yourself, all the while your physical therapist says you're fine and to trust the joint. I no longer have shooting pain which I enjoy. It will still take time to trust myself but I'm getting there.

I'm also working on getting back to creating things. For about two and a half months, I hadn't created anything because of the pain. Now I feel like I'm coming out of a fog. Also working on not beating myself up because I may miss making Halloween pieces again. Oh well. One day-at-a-time, one thing at a time. So I started with little things begun before surgery. Like my hexie (English Paper Piecing) pincushions. It seems to be a comfort thing making them, plus I'm using up a lot of scraps. And working on getting some sort of consistency with sketching. I would like to do a personal art challenge for the month of October.

Here's what I've been up to so far. Another mushroom. I used Derwent Ink Tense paints, Derwent Watercolor Pencils, and Micron Pen.


This is my Frida Kahlo doll I started when the sun formed. Her skirt and top were done last month. She'll get dressed and hair on soon.


Here are some finished and unfinished pincushions. I may make some different shapes too. Square, rectangle. Why not? Believe it or not, this is a project that calms me down and helps me to think of bigger projects.


Things are perfect. They never will be but I'm working on being comfortable being me and being creative again. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...