Thursday, September 12, 2019

September

It's been awhile. I have been recuperating from knee surgery. Four weeks now and PT (physical therapy is going well. Right now I'm about 75% functional. My PT therapist says I'm doing better than most who have had my procedure. Of course, I'm not a patient person and I'm working on not being hard on myself for not being further along. But I can walk without shooting pain and my flexibility is improving everyday. I even got more types of exercises to do. I'm planning on another tow weeks to see how things go and then I'll be ready to look for a new job. I don't know if I want to be on my feet all the time at the old job or deal with people this holiday season.

It's been rough trying to get creative again. Lots of starts and stops. Lots of tears. Lots of being mad at myself. I tell myself, one-day-at-a-time. Do a few things and rest. Think of all the cool and wonderful things I've done and celebrate. Put fear in the backseat and keep moving. It's hard. After being in constant pain for so many months, having the surgery, and not working, it is very hard. My self esteem is in the toilet and I just have little faith in creating right now. Once again I have missed out on several creative opportunities.

It's my favorite time of year and I'm working on enjoying it. The leaves are starting to change colors. I love that. The temps were cooler but we seem to be getting a late summer right now. All the fall and Halloween decorations are out in full force. I have to just look. Look at how people decorate their homes, both inside and out. I keep telling myself that one day, one day I will have my own home to decorate. Right now, that's kind of hard to hold on to.

I tell myself that each day is a new day. I've been trying to just get back to creating something. After surgery, all I could do was knit. So I made dish cloths.


I finally got a front page done for my Bullet Journal.


I started drawing mushrooms for a project I've been wanting to work on for over a year.



And I finally got back to my EPP (English Paper Piecing) using hexies. The mini ones below in the first pic will turn into something. I can see what I want in my mind but I don't know if it will happen.


The larger hexies have backings and will be appliqued down and eventually turned into pincushions. One can never have enough pincushions. Plus I'm trying to use up some of the fabric and other materials I have.

It's a start. I now have to finish them. Another big problem. Finishing things.

One Day At A Time. After all, I'm still healing. And I need to cut myself some slack.

2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Wendy your mushrooms are beautiful. Hope you are back to normal soon.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Steve. I'm working on getting better. I'm at about 80%. Getting up and down stairs better and walking without aid.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...