Saturday, September 28, 2019

Wow!

I can't believe this month is just about over. End of the third quarter. Where am I? Still getting my knee back in shape and taking it easy on myself. Just now getting back to being creative and working out what to do next month. There are quite a few art challenges next month: Inktober, Drawlloween, and Doodlewash. But I think I will turn them all into my own personal art challenge and call it 365 Days of Halloween. Which will take me back into Halloween 2020. Yes, it's a big endeavor but it's my personal challenge to see what I can do with all my creativity.

I'm still working on starting projects and finishing them. Starting isn't my problem. Finishing is. So I will be working on that come next month. Still job hunting too. The knee set me back to zero. Getting old sucks. Rehabilitation, recuperating as you get older isn't as fast or easy as when you're younger. Figures.

I did try these Brach's Maple Candy Corn and I'm hooked. I think I like them better than regular candy corn.


I also glued on the hands, feet, and head to my witch doll. I got her as a kit by artist Patrick James Gil of Graverly Will Creations. He offers different heads and feet with a hat thrown in. I didn't want to paint her green, more like a medicine woman who lives in the forest. Her stockings are made along with her bloomers. I did give her an ample bosom just because. Will design something for her to wear. Because her month is next month.


 Nice on the outside but don't get on her bad side. If you know what I mean. She may turn you into something unnatural. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

For my October birthday, my mother always decorated my birthday cake with candy corn so of course candy corn always brings back fond memories of a happy childhood (I'm the middle of five children). I haven't seen this maple variety but will surely look for it.

Hang in there with your recuperating. As you know, getting absorbed in your creativity is a great healer since it distracts us from all else most of the time.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I wish I had an October birthday. That cake sounds delicious. I got my maple flavored corn from CVS in the Halloween candy section. They have big bags too. I'm debating on whether to get one.

Recuperation is slow but I'm getting there. Thanks.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...