Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Best Laid Plans...

Yes, indeed. The best laid plans don't always get you laid the way you planned. Love that quote. Can't remember the lady's name who said it. But that seems to be the way life goes. Anyhoo...

October, my favorite month is well underway. My creativity is inching along. Last week was spent going back and forth to my mom's. She fell again, and I went with her to her doctor. A few X-rays later and nothing is broken. Thanks goodness. I made a big pot of veggie soup for her so she wouldn't have to stand a cook. Went and picked up some breakfast things for her to eat when she gets up. Yep, she wasn't eating in the morning while she took her medication. Which made her dizzy and why she fell. Ugh! Two doctors got on her case. Thank you doctors. Did six loads of her laundry and we continued to clear out stuff in the house. Two more trash bags.

Today I'm feeling pretty good. Got my exercise in and even went for a walk. A little farther than the previous walk. It was a beautiful morning, a small wind, brisk temps, the sun shining, just great. I will have to pull out my gloves for the next walk. I got in and did a small drawing for National Octopus Day. October 8th, get it?


I also was able to finally, finally finish a doll. My first Frida Kahlo doll. I couldn't believe it. It's been so long since I completed a project.


And I started some larger hexies to mend my favorite pair of pants that I've had for 20 years. I love those pants and they don't make them like that anymore. I was going to just patch them but I don't like store bought patches, they don't always stay put. Then I saw on Facebook where they were talking about mending items of clothing. So that's what I will do. Mend my pants and stitch on lots of hexies to make my pants fancy. Maybe I'll get another couple of years wear out of them.


I'll be making some green ones today. The pants are a khaki green color. That's my update. Yes, still a little behind but I'm feeling so much better and I'm going to just ride with it.

2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Frida looks great!
Please show those pants when you're finished patching them.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Steven and I will most definitely show my pants.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...