Monday, October 26, 2009

Time Off

For some people, time off is a luxury. For me it was a period to challenge myself to see if I could stick to a creative work schedule in order to be on my own. Yes, an entrepreneur. I found out that I can't have too structured of a day. It's just not normal to have every single minute of the day mapped out to within an inch of its life. You need to leave room for when plans and life decide to throw you something you hadn't planned.

The first two days I was sick. Unplanned. Then my whole outing schedule was overhauled because of a special event. Now I could've just broken down because it wasn't on the schedule, this event. But I moved things around and called friends to change dates and times. I can be flexible. It was liberating. Go with the flow and enjoy.

I found out that I write better in the morning but not early in the morning. I did well getting started at 9 on the am. I felt at ease working well into the night because I was doing what I wanted to do. I was able to get a lot done, not all of what I had wanted but more than expected and I'm still going. I am a work in progress. That makes me feel good and proud of myself.

My time off is almost over. I'm trying not to dread going back to what is waiting for me. But I know I can do it now. Preparation is the key. I'm getting ready for that day.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...