Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mug Rug


I went to my last applique workshop for the year.  It's so good seeing those ladies once a month.  I love laughing with them, sometimes so hard that we're all crying.  Our project for the evening was a mug rug.  I probably won't be using it as such because it was a lot of work and just too cute.  But I put my mug of coffee on it to show you some scale.

The bottom is plaid wool, you can barely see the edge.  The next layer is black wool and on top of that, red wool with white wool circles for the snowmen.  I embroidered their faces with French knots and their carrot noses are three stitches with a satin stitch over them.  The pattern was from a quilt magazine, I forgot to write the name down.  Any hoo, it was quick and fun to do.  I love make it and take it projects.

3 comments:

Abi said...

This is so pretty - you are so multi-talented - it seems you can do everything so brilliantly. I'm in awe quite frankly!

Kim said...

Wendy!! It's adorable and it has me wanting to get out the felt and embroidery floss!! What a sweet project :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Abi, we're both in awe of each other.

Thanks Kim. I hadn't embroidered in a long time, especially with the French knots.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...