Monday, July 25, 2011

Stagecoach Mary Rendering

I call it a rendering because in costume design, that's what we did before making a costume. We sketched it and painted it. I've done hundreds and quite a few have ended up on stage. I'll post some of those later along with some old classwork.

I finally got her done and I may or may not do another one or just do the rest of the ladies in the series. She will be needle felted, at least her body and maybe some of her clothing. I've got to research more of the gun she carried and may or may not needle felt that. That would be a blast though.


I put her on watercolor paper, used watercolor paints (Windsor Newton), Berol Prismacolor pencils, Nicholson's Peerless Watercolors for detail, and Pigma pen .5 I really had fun once I got started. Getting started was like pulling teeth from a hippopotamus. I will have to do another soon so I won't get rusty again.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...