Monday, January 2, 2012

Books and a New Kid

Here's a picture of the stack of books I'd like to read this year.  I used to be a voracious reader but things changed. Life, finances, time, you name it. I like to read and I really want to get back into it. I don't have a Kindle yet, so these will have to do. There's history, mystery, travel, ghost stories, classic, and kid's books. There are about fifteen books, so one a month at least. I love this. Like I've got so much time in the world.


This little lady is my new kid. I got her for Christmas and I haven't had a store bought doll in ages. She's a Little Miss Matched doll by Robert Tonner. I have no ties to that company but I really like her. She's very cute, nice coloring, and she wears glasses that can be altered. She needs a new wardrobe and I will be doing some Civil War things for her as well as some Steampunk. Maybe even a little Westernpunk. I already have fabric for her first outfit, so stay tuned.

Oh, and her name is Greer Olivia Wynter Greenwood because that's where she's from. A green wood. With a stream and a lake. The rest of her story is coming too.

2 comments:

Kim said...

will you do reviews on the books? I have been taking time to read lately because my creativity is not cooperating-I would love to know if any of those books are ones I should read :) I love your new doll too- I have one of those LIV dolls sitting on my counter in the craft room waiting to be altered, but I keep putting it off because I'm not sure what I'm doing :) I can't wait to see the outfits you make for her! I have such a fascination with dolls- I think I never grew up :) Happy New Year my friend!!!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Sure Kim. I can do reviews on them if you'd like. I'm reading Gail Carriger's Heartless. It's a Steampunk series and has vampires, werewolves, funky machinery, and some naughty bits. It's not gory but can be nail biting. Heartless is book 4 in the series. The first book is Soulless. She's an easy read. Read book 3 all the way through in 2 sittings. Haven't done that in a long time.
I'm glad you like Greer. I've got to get some clothes on her soon. The pink is driving me nuts.

Happy New Year to you too my friend.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...