Tuesday, January 31, 2012

End of January 2012

Can you believe it? It's the end of January. I yawned and it flew by. I feel like I'm very late, like the White Rabbit in Wonderland. I don't know what happened. Maybe I do. It all started with being sick that first week of the New Year and things continued in a downward spiral. Once again, I was treading water and not very pleased about it. It all came to a head last week and I've come to some conclusions.
  • I am very resilient. No matter what gets thrown at me, how many times I get knocked down, or how many times I fall into chasms, holes, or over cliffs, I get up and keep moving.
  • I am stubborn and will not take no for any answer, especially if it has to do with my creative life. I may be down but I most certainly am not out.
  • I am a very cool gal. I like me. I am in control of my feelings and happiness. That's my job. Or at least one of them. My other jobs are to create fun and unusual things and to write fun, unusual, scary, happy, fantastical things.
  • The year has just begun and I have a plan. Actually, several.
  • I am back on track.
I didn't get as much done as I would have liked to this month. I've added fuel to my creative fire though. February, here I come.

I did manage to get a few things done. Two art cards and another Hop To It block.


 Flowers and Fences.

Rainy Garden.
Both postcards are done in acrylic on watercolor paper. More are planned.

3 comments:

Ascension said...

Asi tiene que ser con el animo hacia arriba y creando esas maravillas que has creado, te han quedado genial.
Me encanta la segunda es muy bonita.
besitos ascension

Kim said...

oh my goodness I love Rainy Garden so much--gorgeous!!! I think you are one of the most focused people I know and I am always amazed at what you accomplish Wendy. Think of January as the jog before you really get going in the marathon :) Hope you have a creative week ♥

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hi Ascension. Thanks so much for your compliments.
Hi Kim. I've been planning to paint something for the longest and I was so frustrated with other things going on, I told myself to just do it. I had everything set up and before I could move it to do anything else, I had to paint. So I did.
I don't know how focused I am. Sometimes it gets a little fuzzy. LOL I will think of Jan as the job before the marathon. Thanks. You have a creative week too.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...