Monday, January 16, 2012

First List of 2012

All right. I said that I would publish my lists for the year. I'll have to do them in stages. I thought I'd start with my quilt and applique list. Seeing that I don't do resolutions, I now have expectations for the year. I try not to start new projects before finishing old ones but us creative types know that doesn't always work. There's always something more exciting to try, and the work in progress gets put on the back burner or in the drawer or cupboard.

I've been working on several applique quilts for the past several years. Yes, I'm shaking my head. I don't know the reason for not finishing them. Maybe because I get bored or it could be that finishing them will take a bit more of the cash than I have at the moment. But I expect to at least have the tops done and when I can afford to get them quilted, I will.

Quilt Tops to be finished:
Southern Album
Hop To It
Birdies
Trip Around the World

Other quilts and wall hangings:
-Double Irish Chain- I'd like to get this top done this year
-Wild Blue Berries- it needs to be put together, I got all the hard applique out of the way, along with over 100 blue berries and I just have to do the easy part
-Bunny wall hanging- needs to have the primitive hand quilting done
-Pumpkin Heads- a design I started before last Halloween, would like to have it done for this Halloween for when I decorate my apt
-Blue and Yellow quilt- I started it because I liked the fabric, then ran out of the fabric but my mom had more of the fabric, and well... got to work on that top
-Cabin wall hanging- it's a repair for a friend

New Quilts: one for a friend for her 40th birthday. I do have the fabric and now I have to cut it out. That's the goal, get it cut out.

That's just the quilts. I haven't touched dolls, or my writing, or anything else I'd like to do. At least attempt to do. I know, it's crazy and I don't know why I think I have all the time in the world. Maybe that's why I do it. I have all year and it's only week three of the new year. One bit at a time, one day at a time. Baby steps get me closer to getting these beauties done. It's all about the journey. The process and having fun along the way. At least, that's what I keep reading. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Ascension said...

Seguro que te quedan fantasticos, a mi me pasa igual...aun no acabo un proyecto y ya estoy empezando otro, debe ser que no aguantamos el aburrirnos jejeje
besitos ascension

Wendy Lu said...

Sounds like a lot of neat projects, Wendy! I think that's great - you will never get bored. :) I think outlining goals like this is always helpful...keeps priorities in mind.

Love the new layout, by the way. Hope you're having a great weekend!

~TRA

The Red Angel Blog

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hi Ascension! Thanks. Red Angel, hello. Glad you like the new layout. I feel splashy right now. My weekend has turned out better than expected. Dolls are coming along quite nicely. Have a good week.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...