Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weird Wednesday

I know some bloggers have a wordless Wednesday but they usually show pictures instead. I don't have any new pics, just yet. But I wanted to blog anyway. Maybe it's the weather, it's been horribly freaky this winter and it doesn't look good for the summer. Possibly hot and extra humid down here in the south. Yuck! Hot is okay, hot and humid, not so much. And then there are the bugs. It hasn't been cold enough to kill them or their spawn. Most creepies I can take but some, like the Stink Bug, just creep me out. So even though I don't like snow (I did move from Michigan), I want a huge dump and constant cold for at least a week.

Onto creative things. After my nice restful weekend, I thought I'd be ready to get back to work, seeing that I'd been the creative crazy person for a little over six months. The apartment is back in order so that I can mess it up again. I'm well on my way to booking the spring with doll classes and the summer with doll related happenings. I have three doll making classes on a spring schedule and have my class descriptions written up. Now I have to do some supply lists and get patterns copied. In July I have a kid doll camp scheduled and that should be a lot of fun. I'll throw in a puppet too. I'm working on getting more classes set up for the summer and into the fall. I'm so excited about these new events.

But... I'm behind. I tell you, having a regular job takes things out of you when all you want to do is create. It's okay. I'm working on making my life the way I want it to be. I'm ready to have fun on my terms. My program. My first booth show is March 24 and I'm sharing a booth with an artist friend. So grateful for cool friends. I've been invited to put a piece in a spring show the first of April and hope the doll classes get students signed up so they can take place. My next big booth event is in May in Philadelphia and I will be looking for more shows after that. Hopefully something closer.

So, I will be a sewing fiend for the next couple of months. Did I mention I had a commission to do and need to restock shops I have my dolls in? Yep. That too. I'll get pics up as soon as possible. I'm going to rock 2012.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...