Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February

It's here. Didn't we just celebrate Thanksgiving? February 1. Today. I feel my life has been put on speed dial. Oh well. I either go with the wave or sink. I think I'll try surfing. Still working on keeping emotions in check. I tell you, when you get sick, it just makes you feel so bad. Not just physically but mentally. You try not to feel like a baby and just suck it up. But when the body hurts and you know you have so much to do, the mind hurts. And when the mind hurts to the point of affecting your creative being, your soul hurts. When you're all better, the doubts return of whether or not you're any good.

No matter how far behind you are, you get up, dust yourself off, and get back on the creative saddle. I tried horseback riding once. It was fun. Getting off the beast was another story. But still a fun experience and I would probably try it again. So, here we go. This is what I started last night. I'm not really into making big dolls but these may turn out to be fun.


The little flap you see is going to form a bottom so they can sit better. Once filled with some pellets and stuffed to within an inch of their lives. Ha! I love it. They will be primitive doll types. Loosely based on some dolls I've seen made by slaves. They will have button eyes, a fabric nose, and embroidered mouth. I'm waiting for my Distress It to come in the mail and see what I can do with it on these dolls and one more that's in the works.


I like the shape of the legs. I may make some goth ones later and have the legs made out of a patterned fabric. We shall see.

2 comments:

Kim said...

wish I lived close enough to bring you hot soup and cut out pattern pieces for you :( No one likes to be sick alone- and it does affect your mental attitude. Sending you lots of hugs Wendy- wish they were in real life. I can't wait to see these dolls come to life ♥

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Oh Kim, I wished we lived closer too. I would love to taste your soup. You know if we did, we'd be in so much creative trouble. ;) Hugs back to you.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...