Monday, February 6, 2012

Works in Progress

Here are some pictures of clothes for my dollies. I haven't made actual clothes that are put on dolls in a long time. It's made me stretch a little and get out of a certain comfort zone. The clothes still can't be taken off but I've made actual garments to be placed on the dolls. That has been a little fun to do.


These dresses and bloomers have been spritzed with Distress It. It makes things look aged. I think I like using it but will need more practice.


The red piece is a little vest that will get buttons and the blue piece is a pair of short pants that will get a rope belt. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kim said...

they look incredible! I think I know what distress it is now and how brilliant of you to use it on the clothes! I used to love making doll clothes when I was a girl :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Kim. The distress liquid I bought works better on things that haven't been dyed already, like the doll bodies. I may just use a well diluted acrylic paint next time in a bottle from the dollar store.

Catching Up

Really working on keeping up with the sketching. I got a head cold on the way to South Haven and then when I got home it turned into a sinus...