Monday, February 6, 2012

Works in Progress

Here are some pictures of clothes for my dollies. I haven't made actual clothes that are put on dolls in a long time. It's made me stretch a little and get out of a certain comfort zone. The clothes still can't be taken off but I've made actual garments to be placed on the dolls. That has been a little fun to do.


These dresses and bloomers have been spritzed with Distress It. It makes things look aged. I think I like using it but will need more practice.


The red piece is a little vest that will get buttons and the blue piece is a pair of short pants that will get a rope belt. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kim said...

they look incredible! I think I know what distress it is now and how brilliant of you to use it on the clothes! I used to love making doll clothes when I was a girl :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Kim. The distress liquid I bought works better on things that haven't been dyed already, like the doll bodies. I may just use a well diluted acrylic paint next time in a bottle from the dollar store.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...