A Face in Progress

I'm trying a new technique from Linda Browning. You crumple up a piece of wrapping tissue, spread it out on a wet surface (watercolor paper) and then add color. When the paper is almost dry, you peel it off and it leaves lines.


I put down two different blues first, let that dry a little and then added the brown because I want to attempt a face. Linda uses this technique for landscapes. So this should be interesting if I can pull it off.


You can kind of see the lines left by the paper and barely see the brown. Of course, this pic is a bit washed out and looks better in real life. This one will probably take me the longest time to do.

Comments

Abi said…
It looks good. There is so much to learn in the Art world, I wish I had the time/inclination to get into gear.
Peggy Jones said…
Trying to get around to every one. Some good work here. I have tried that technique in the past without much good luck, gonna try again. Love the witch with the cone hat.
Kristin Dudish said…
Sounds like a very cool technique to try - I'll be interested to see the face that emerges!
All of your faces are so fun - I love the variety (even a doll - wow)!
Thanks Abi. Peggy, I'm with you, I think it will take me another month to look at everyone's work. Thanks Kristin. I wasn't able to finish it for the challenge but I will finish it.

Popular posts from this blog

No Pic Post

Catching Up

Hello December -No Pic Post