Thursday, April 9, 2015

Getting Back to Me

Spring has shown up and there are storms everywhere. Hibernation is over and oh boy, I am in need of some serious moving around. No more winter foods. Back to grazing good things. And I will be planting some things in a garden very soon. For the past two days, I've gotten a morning walk in. It's been rough. Muscles are mushy, tendons are tight. Right now everything aches but it's a start. I didn't cry when I got on the scale this morning. I do know I have a lot of work to do. It will take time, just like it took time to allow the weight to get on.



My creative mojo is coming back. That feels so good. I know that sometimes things happen one right after the other and you just don't know which way to turn. You want to crawl under a rock and go to sleep. But you take a couple of deep breaths, push the rock off your back, get up and stretch, and get going again. Sometimes you just have to go to that space, you just don't want to stay there. It's a brand new season. Working on a new me. That's okay too. If one thing doesn't work out, move onto something else. Keep going. It's all about the process and the journey. It's taken me awhile to understand that. Enjoy the process. Enjoy each day.

I have several things on my docket for the rest of the month. I've been writing again. Yes, I know, again. I just can't seem to give it up. I'm working on a short story. I want to get the rough draft down this month and polished by the end of June. My birthday month. The next Halloween challenge theme is Monsters in My Room. I have an idea for it and will sketch is today. I did a sketch of a Halloween girl with her cat last night. I'll work on her today too. Lots of binding quilts too. We shall see. It's also nice to have a partner in crime.



No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...